Step by step disinfection
Prior to the biodecontamination, it is important to clarify the requirements:
- What is the bioburden reduction objective (4-log, 5-log, 6-log)?
- How will the effectiveness of biodecontamination be validated, with which indicators (chemical, biological)?
- Where should the indicators be positioned?
- Is the space to be treated very cluttered (full trolleys in an airlock for example, equipment in place in a BSC, etc.)?
- Is there one or more zone(s) to biodecontaminate simultaneously?
To establish a protocol that meets the specifications, Devea’s team can support you: with experience that covers several business sectors, they will be able to save you time by taking advantage of their expertise gathered along the projects carried out with the users.
On the disinfection day:
On the D-Day, once the space has been cleaned, the Phileas® solution is quick and easy to set up:
- Place the Phileas® device with a full biocide container in the center of the zone, making sure not to block the diffusion of the fog by a wall or an equipment.
- Set the chemical or biological indicators in the locations assumed to be the most difficult to reach.
- Stop the ventilation and close the doors.
- Launch the program remotely using the MyPhileas® application: space volume, dose, number of cycles, delay time, contact time.
- Once the diffusion is completed and the contact time has elapsed, start aeration in the treated space: a renewal of 20 times the volume of air is usually recommended to reduce the concentration of H2O2 and return to the acceptable threshold to reuse the space (<1ppm).
- After aeration, gently collect the biological indicators and incubate them at 55°C for 7 days. Read the chemical indicators.
In between treatments, some last best practices to ensure optimal longevity of your Phileas®:
- Keep the protection cap on the disc and avoid handling it to keep it straight and functional.
- Perform preventive maintenance regularly.
- Rinse the circuits with water before a long period of inactivity (see the user manual).
- The body can be cleaned with a soft damp cloth.